Brave errorr hangs tabs

Description of the issue:
Brave errorr hangs tabs

The browser hang tabs when opening many tabs when RAM and CPU are still not 100% full, the computer’s software still works normally.

Brave Version( check About Brave): 1.52.117 Chromium: 114.0.5735.90

Additional Information: I just got this error today, no problem before

1 Like

I’ve been having similar issues all day today. hanging/freezing of all browser windows, with event viewer listing hanging events.

2 Likes

Yeah it started for me as well with the latest update

Thank you both for reaching out.
To confirm, when you say “hanging tabs”, you simply mean that these tabs are slow to load when they are selected/become active? If so, can you please confirm:

• Does this only happen when you have many tabs open? If so, can you share how many tabs we’re talking here?
  • Do you have multiple browser windows open at once?
  • Do you have any extensions installed in the browser at this time?

It is also worth testing this with the browser open with only one or two tabs and see whether or not you get the same behavior.

it’s not slow, it’s frozen like full ram, cpu

• I opened 2,3 tabs with facebook and youtube and it was already
  • yes, I opened 3 brave browser profiles, 1 was frozen while the other 2 were still working

Does anyone have the same problem as me, it’s been 2 bad days

@Piroa,
In the profile that keeps freezing, do you have any extensions installed in it? If so, please try disabling them and then test and see if the browser still freezes.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.