Brave Draining Mac Battery

Description of the issue:
Brave is draining the battery of my brand new MacBook Pro. When using safari, I get 7-10 hours of battery, but every time I use Brave I get less than 3 hours. You guys should really work on something, I currently have no other option than switch away from your great browser. Shame that you are losing customers on such a simple thing to fix… Hope to hear from you soon!

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Use brave (latest version) on macOS Catalina (latest version)

Expected result:

Shitty battery life (2-3h)

Brave Version( check About Brave): v1.0.1

Additional Information:

Hi @K3V,

Welcome to community and thanks for reporting your issue! Did you only start to notice this with the latest upgrade?

Can you try turning off Hardware Acceleration and see if this has any effect?

Settings -> Advanced Settings -> System -> Hardware Acceleration

Hi there, thanks for the tip I’ll give it a try!

And nope, it started two months ago (when I got my first Mac). I think I used the version 1.0.0 until recently and it was using battery way too much as well.

I have a new MacBook Pro 16 inch and Im having exactly the same issue. Sorry guys until you sort this out Im using Safari

Hey @steeven, I tried your suggestions but didn’t changwe a thing…
Brave needs to fix this issue really quickly because it’s not normal. Might have to switch to Safari if that keeps going!

hey @K3V
im using the brave browser for a week now hadnt notices any issues on my macbook air
keep in mind i keep multiple tabs open when i close the browser, there is maybe a solution for your problem maybe you tried it but go to the settings and turn off the first option it displays that continue where you left off i think that is using the ram to store the data temporarily but try it and see if it works… (:

Unfortunately I can confirm same behavior. Mac Catalina 10.15.1, with latest arable brave release .

MacBook Pro Retina late 2013 with Brand new battery (3 cycles). After closing the lis on 100% worked up with 78%. Activity monitor for the last 12 hours shows the majority of used battery is Brave.

same problem here, brand new MacBook Pro 16" with macOS Catalina 10.15.2

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.