Brave does NOT open Windows 11 desktop

I was also able to rename and Brave did open as well . Rewards and all bookmarks showing. Thanks!

Hi~I’m having the same issue as those above. I was able to download the beta version, then deleted it. When I pasted this “C:\Program Files\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\Application\brave.exe” --user-data-dir=%localappdata%\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\TEMP" I was able to open Brave, but I didn’t know where to go for Local/state, so I’m back to square one where Brave will not open no matter what. I’ve been using it happily for a year and last night it worked perfectly. Please help! Thanks!

Hello I am experiencing similar issues. Brave would crash unexpectedly when using Google Meet & I would not be able to open it again. I restarted & updated my windows version (have been using windows 11 for a while) and suddenly I could not open brave at all.

If I run brave with the TEMP user-data-dir (and if I open brave in incognito) I am able to open the browser. However, renaming the “Local State” file does not do anything for me as I am not able to run the command “C:\Program Files\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\Application\brave.exe” --user-data-dir=“%localappdata%\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\User Data” without it crashing

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.