Brave crypto wallet error after latest update

Please confirm when the push update will be sent to repair the error from the wallet update. This is very frustrating and it took a lot of fault finding and searching to come across this issue when a notification via the browser would have been very helpful and stopped panic by many users.

5 Likes

Check the github. Looks like the update is being pushed. Either way, after 4 years, goodbye brave, Back to Firefox, or Opera, or Chrome. Not sure yet, but Brave is history after checking what they fckd up. Replacing metamask… I’m back to metamask.
Edit: Want to emphasize on something that was already said but needs to be rpeated repeated and repeated for other devs to get it. If your contracts say 9 to 5 over the week YOU DONT PUSH UPDATES ON A FRIDAY!!!

7 Likes

@fckbave9000 link to github pls?

3 Likes

https://github.com/brave/KeyringController/pull/18 waiting for mister cto to wake up and approve it. While I wonder how many people concerned are aware of this thread. Checking the history and comments on this update, goldmine for a class action, archive what you can

6 Likes

Thanks for the post … quick question if you dont mind … i have a 24 words seed with brave wallet , i want to go back to metamask… but its not compatible … you know a way to migrate brave wallet to MM ?

Thank you !

4 Likes

Hey bro, can I wait for the update? Is the Github keyring package necessary? I’m switching back to Firefox after this update and only using polkadot.js wallet. I can’t trust Brave or Metamask anymore. I could’ve been in a serious situation if I had to pull funds from my wallet. Smh…

3 Likes

I have meditated and cooled off a bit. I didn’t like my professionalize on this comment, so I’m editing this post and hoping I will be made whole again in the future. :pray:

Don’t let monetary losses control your life and emotions ya’ll.

5 Likes

I have the same issues described here with a 24 word phrase using
Brave v 1.29.79

1 Like

Edited: I know this was a pretty costly bug but I do believe some good came from this.

Good vibes to everyone! :peace_symbol: :blue_heart: :pray:

5 Likes

what scares me more is this silence from brave… no one saying anything

5 Likes

This is unacceptable. We should at the very least be getting daily updates.

2 Likes

Edited: My emotions got the best of me and it’s not fair for me to assume anything. I hope this was a learning experience from everyone.

Remember, we learn more from our losses and mistakes than from winning and our successes!

3 Likes

I have the same queston/problem with the 24 words seed. Did you already found a solution?

2 Likes

Since no one at Brave wants to update us, I will. Looks like they are pushing a possible fix right now.

4 Likes

thanks for the update. I appreciate it very much, even if now finally an update should come from brave itself. i should very urgently be able to make some transcation

3 Likes

Hey, thank you b3nelly for staying on top of this. I checked last night only to see that this isn’t just me so I really appreciate you and everyone else who’s doing their best to figure this out while brave doesn’t seem to have any desire to clarify the situation. For a browser that prides itself on usability and security, they’ve got a disturbing lack of transparency when it comes to this crypto side of things. BAT withdrawal to uphold not working is a known issue that hasn’t been rectified for me for at least a year now, and now this. I reckon people are losing thousands because they thought they could trust this built in wallet, I don’t think I’m going to continue using it for my mining payouts anymore after this. Again, thank you for the hard work it’s much appreciated!

5 Likes

:pray: JT404

I have been a Brave fan for a few years now. I convinced many of my friends and family to use Brave and depending on how this plays out, I may be telling them all to uninstall.

Please like and or retweet this tweet Crypto’s Picasso sent to the CEO. The only way this is going to have a good outcome is if the high ups see it:

I am screen-shooting this post along with the rest, so it better not get deleted. I am documenting everything.

5 Likes

Wish they would give an update!

6 Likes

Yes, please give us an update Brave before we are compelled to jump ship to transact. I don’t think most of us want to leave, but lack of an ETA update will force our hand soon.

1 Like

Done and done, good call. Awesome to see that they found a temporary workaround, hopefully folks didn’t lose too much money. Thankfully I’m not in a rush but jeez, I would be IRATE if I had lost out on potential profits because if this…

2 Likes