Brave crypto wallet error after latest update

Imagine being liquidated because of this !!! way worst than losing on potential profit !

5 Likes

ALSO, I’d like to give you a HUGE THANK YOU on top of the regular ones I have sent you because that workaround allowed me to get my ETH over to the exchange and get my $$ so I really appreciate it!

2 Likes

Can you please send an update? Please???

1 Like

UPDATE!

Not sure why the Brave staff isn’t updating this thread… I’ve lost so much money and sleep over this and I feel like I have been working harder than their staff on this bug :frowning:

4 Likes

I’m f*cking biting my nails, and smoking again.

2 Likes

I feel you! I just quit smoking and I’m trying so hard not to go to the store and buy a pack right now.

3 Likes

I don’t need to image… It happened.

2 Likes

I mean, I put WAY too much into Brave. I will diversify much more if this gets fixed.

1 Like

Such a mess, thanks Brave team for completely ignoring your customers for the whole weekend.

3 Likes

Another UPDATE.

New version of Crypto Wallet 1.0.34 (Component 0.1.105) is out, and fixes the issues described in this thread. For those of you who have already tried the previous workaround, you can safely delete the browser profile and continue using your actual wallet.

To briefly explain what went wrong, the bug was due to an ethereumjs library introducing a breaking change making their methods immutable. This unfortunately broke the keyring that handles legacy Brave wallets that were created a long time back. Since these seeds are no longer generated for fresh wallets, it missed our QA process.

We deeply regret the situation, and apologise for the inconvenience caused. I know crypto is 24x7 and never sleeps, but we did try our best to find a solution and push a release out as soon as we could, which involves a sign-off from multiple people. We’ll do an internal post-mortem on how we can strength our delivery process in future and catch bugs before our users do. We want to own up to our mistakes and improve on it.

My team and I remain at your disposal for followups or help with any other issues. Thanks all for your patience and cooperation.

3 Likes

Thank you for your honesty.

May I suggest keeping the support thread updated regularly, especially for a bug that was very serious?

I believe this wouldn’t have gone to Twitter in the way it did, if there was more communication here. Over-communication is better than leaving your users guessing for days, which leads to more stress and anger.

Also, IMO this should have been posted on Twitter by @brave and other outlets so your users didn’t have to go digging for the problem in forms. This bug was also posted on Reddit by other users.

2 Likes

b3nelly, you are absolutely correct that we needed to communicate better. I’m working with the full team to make sure we do.

6 Likes

honestly I have been an hour without being able to update my wallet and be able to solve that problem. It would be appreciated if they were clearer in order to solve their error.

I manually updated my Brave here @JhonnyCrypto which took care of it. LMK if it doesn’t.

Thank you very much @b3nelly , it is a real relief to return to normality although I still have a bitter taste. Greetings

1 Like

Does not help.

Still wallet is not updated

Have you tried to close are reopen Brave after the update? If so, what error are you receiving?

You should be able to force update by going to brave://components.

2 Likes

Just did that - now works. It was not giving any error- just showing things are up to date but not updating the wallet

1 Like