Brave crashes - no logs - Windows 10 Events log only

Brave randomly crashes without any notification or logs ( so far I know)
Because it is randomly, it is dificult to replicate the issue but it crashes often.

I have tried all instructions I could find in internet ( update drives - done, updated BIOS firmware) , disable services and clear boot - done, no virus - I have installed Bitdefender - no notifications there about something blocked or so, I have installed Malwarebytes - no help, I have installed driver update sogftwares - no help, I have used CClearner - no help, I have used steps about sfc /etc. to check corrupted dlls - no help, memtest, hdd test - all ok.

I was so desperate that reset my ntb to factory status and installed all what i needed = nothing else - such apps, etc. I had installed around year - no help, after one day it started crash again .

I can find only in Windows Event log so warning / errors but warning are ( according to internet no problem because they are common ), Errors are not in at the time of brave crash but at least something…

Brave also chrome but Edge no crash.

I have found in Events:
Faulting application name: brave.exe, version: 96.1.32.113, time stamp: 0x618c663c
Faulting module name: epclient64.dll, version: 6.10.1.11844, time stamp: 0x61391ebd
Exception code: 0xc00000fd
Fault offset: 0x0000000000080c4b
Faulting process ID: 0xce8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d7e9eb01ea00a0
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\Application\brave.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\SentryBay\EntryProtect\epclient64.dll
Report ID: 79591514-34d0-4ce0-bbe5-0ae0ce210bb4
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Before restore to factory state there was another dll : ntdll.dll as Faulting module path but : Exception code: 0xc00000fd
Fault offset: 0x0000000000080c4b was the same.

Version 1.32.113 Chromium: 96.0.4664.45 (Official Build) (64-bit)
(https://brave.com/latest/)
Windows 10, Asus zenbook ux363,
Bitdefender installed (up to date)

Could you please advice where might be problem ?

Matt

Does SentryBay sound familiar? Is this a business/corporate device, perhaps remotely managed?

Do you have any extensions installed/enabled in Brave? If so, does it still happen with them all disabled?

Does the issue occur if you create a new profile and try it in that profile? (Make sure your original profile does not have any open windows; only the new profile should be open.)

SentryBay : https://www.sentrybay.com/industries
Honestly I dont know which application have installed it.

Only 3 extensions : Bitdefender Anti-tracker , bitdefender wallet and google translate - all of them I have used for more then 1year and no problem with the crashing

I will create new profile and will keep you poste.,

However, it is interesting that Edge doesnt crash at all. Observation is that even chrome crash time to time . Brave chrash e.g. each 30min at least once.
For first time Brave has asked me to send crash report to Brave , I have accepted it.

Does the issue occur if you create a new profile

Yes, it crash as well . I have turned on monitor please find in attachment screenshot. I am nots sure, is there is any history monitor log ?

The https://www.sentrybay.com/industries is comming with Citrix Workstation. I will try during weekend to uninstall citrix workstation but it is true that once has been installed then Brave started to crash. Citrix is needed for me and Brave worked several months with installed citrix in my machine.

Hi,

Any ideas please ?

Well, I think there’s a pretty good chance that SentryBay software has something to do with it. I think it would make sense to try uninstalling that, at least temporarily, and see if the issue goes away.

The problem is in the sentrybay module. Not in the browser itself. If you uninstall these programs everything would work fine again

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.