Brave crashes every time on startup on a M1 Mac

Description of the issue: Brave browser crashes every time I try to start it on my M1 MacBook Pro
How can this issue be reproduced? Easily… Just trying to start the app

Expected result: I would just like it to work

Brave Version( check About Brave): The last one. Just tried to reinstall it. The new version crashes like the former one

Additional Information:

Hi and welcome to the community. Community member who knows nothing about macOS. Just providing additional information that may be related.

The browser keep crashing (close the windows) on Mac - #2 by SaltyBanana

https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/issues/20093#issuecomment-1027291453
[LaurenWags commented Feb 1, 2022]

Reproduced using 1.34.81 arm64 pkg installer when it was tagged with a referral code.
STR:

1. Grabbed Brave-Browser-arm64.pkg from https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/releases/tag/v1.34.81
  2. Renamed to Brave-Browser-arm64-ABC123.pkg
  3. Installed from this pkg file
  4. Attempted to launch, immediate crash was observed
  5. Looking at the profile folder, I also saw this (folder name should just be Brave-Browser, not Brave-Browser-arm64)
    Screen Shot 2022-02-01 at 3 51 03 PM
  6. Removed BraveSoftware folder and Brave Browser application
  7. Renamed installer back to the original name Brave-Browser-arm64.pkg
  8. Installed again
  9. Confirmed no crash on launch

Brave crashes on Macbook Pro M1 and won't even open for a second - #2 by 289wk

Usually fixes the problem:
Remove the BraveSoftware folder at:
/Users/username/Library/Application Support/BraveSoftware

Suggest that you initially move that BraveSoftware folder to the Mac Desktop; and keep that BraveSoftware folder until Brave Browser will run; and THEN delete that folder from the Mac Desktop.

WHEN Brave Browser starts up, the browser will create a new BraveSoftware folder - replacing what you removed.

Other posts with additional information, workarounds, and links to similar topics.

BRAVE does not start on my new MacbookAir M1 - #2 by 289wk

Repeated Unexpected Immediate Closure of Brave Browser Application on New Mac - #2 by Chocoholic

Thank you ! That really helped.
Have a nice WE !

1 Like