Brave browser using internet/Network data when idle

My brave browser seems to be using up internet data when I’m absent from the computer and it seems to not be the auto updates.
I’m using windows 10 Brave Version 1.48.171 Chromium: 110.0.5481.177 (Official Build) (64-bit). If you open up the browser and have task manager on and take a break from the computer, after coming back or while monitoring the screen with no input into the computer you see that it’s pulling data like it’s downloading some large file or something to that affect. I expected the network to be zero when it’s not updating or I’m not using it.
How can I narrow down the problem on what’s causing this? and solve it.

Some pages likely do still pull data when not actively used. Email accounts may continue to check for updates, social media keeps searching for notifications and new posts, news sites may indicate when updates occur, financial sites can track the stock market and other prices, etc. What kinds of sites do you keep up on your browser?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.