Brave Browser popping up as removable disk requesting to move to applications folder on macbook pro

**Description of the issue:**Brave Browser popping up as removable disk requesting to move to applications folder on macbook pro

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3. I have brave browser installed several months ago, but from past one week I am constantly getting the below popups 5-6 times a day.

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):

Expected result: I expect this app moving into applications folder is done several months ago, but not sure what is going on. Recent changes that I have made to brave browser is setting up the brave wallet & setting up metamask extension.

Reproduces how often: 4-6 times a day.

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu): Version 1.11.104 Chromium: 84.0.4147.105 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information: So I want to make sure it is from Brave and not a virus which is trying to get into the system. Also is this due to the updates trying to get installed?

I understood one thing, correct me. Since in my new macbook pro browser auto updates are on, the updates gets downloaded onto removable disk type & for installing it would give a popup to move that browser icon into application folder. But in general windows machine would not ask for such updates to install always, same way I expect macos it should not ask me to move that to application folder every time there is an update. But if thats case please confirm so that I would finish that step with out a worry.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.