Remove from open at login at it returns next restart

Quite recently there was a change to Chromium browsers that enabled each time it opens to put ‘open at login’ in the user settings. (I am on a Mac OS Ventura 13.0.1). However the same happens on my work mac which is on an earlier version.

I notice this happens on all Chromium based browsers. I don’t wish to be forced a browser on login - this is unfair. Can you do something about it?

Hello @mattowski01

Thank you for reaching out and I’m sorry to hear you are going through this. Can you please elaborate on the specific issues you are experiencing so we can better assist you? Please share a screenshot of the issue.

Be waiting for your response and have a great day!

hi Alice,
So, just to also say this issue happens with Chrome too - but not with the Duck Duck Go browser (despite being chromium as well). I’ve attached 2 screenshots.

When opening Brave (when login item in system prefs isn’t present), you will see a notification telling you that Brave will be added to login items, there is no choice here - it’s just telling you this will happen.

The second screenshot is within system preferences/general/login items/ and here you can see Brave has been added to the list of items to load on login.

If I remove Brave from login items, close and reopen Brave i will get the same prompt once more and the browser will have been re-added to login items. It feels like a violation and not in keeping with the spirit of the user having control.

I am using Mac OS Ventura on this mac, but my work mac is Big Sur and suffers from the same issue so its not related to the OS version.

Regards
Matt.

Hello again! @mattowski01

Thanks for your reply! Could you please try installing the Beta or Nightly version of Brave to see if the issue persist on those versions?

Be waiting for your response!

hi Alice,
Ok so I tried the Beta version and no it doesn’t do this. Does this mean it will make it into the main version at some point?

Matt.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.