Brave browser keep crashing on Tumblr

Description of the issue: Brave Browser keep crashing on Tumblr.

How can this issue be reproduced?: By opening Brave and going to any tumblr blog.

Brave Version: version 1.46.153

Additional Information: Last night, Brave suddenly crashed. I opened Brave shortly after and since the browser crashes barely 30 seconds open.

I have done absolutely nothing (software or Windows update or other) that could explain this sudden behavior.

I went to the Brave website and downloaded the Brave installer. The installation went normally but my problem still persists.

Why does it seem to work normally on some sites but not on Tumblr?

I have Windows 8.1 but that does not justify that Brave has to stop working overnight!

Edit: On a new private window, Tumblr works normally. And I just noticed that on a new non-private window, it seems to work on some blogs but not others! I don’t understand at all why Brave crashes if I go to https://aziraphales-library.tumblr.com/ !

Hello @Maneki

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and I’m sorry to hear you are going through this. Can you please go to brave://crashes and

• if you have automatic crash reporting is enabled (Settings --> Privacy/Security --> Automatically send diagnostic reports), please respond back here with the crash report ID
  • If Automatically send diagnostic reports is not enabled, ensure you click Send on these crash reports listed on the page, then reply here with the crash report ID.

Regards!

Hello @Alice2095 . Thank you so much for answering me !

Automatically send diagnostic reports was already enabled but when I go into brave://crashes, the most recent one is from January 3rd while my problem started on January 9th. I purposely crashed Brave again to see if a new report was created but nothing.

The last crash report ID (dating from January 3rd) is 59fe55bc-1832-445a-8d7b-87a8054b5cf6.

Hello @Maneki

Thanks for your reply. I’ll share this information with my support team, so they can be aware about this!

Have a great day!

@Maneki,
Can you please ensure that these crash reports are submitted to us by clicking the Send now option in the brave://crashes menu under the relevant crash?

Thank you

This is happening for me, too.

Only crash report is sent in currently, I have manually requested upload for the others, but the one that is in has an ID of ffef0700-668b-8709-0000-000000000000. When the others complete, I can provide those as well.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.