Brave Crashing on macOS

In the last week or so Brave browser has been crashing on a daily basis; sometimes several times a day.

The browser is showing that I am up to date - v1.51.118 (May 17, 2023)

I am on a M1 macOS also up to date Ventura 13.3.1 (a)

I figured it must be a bug and would’ve come to the attention of developers by now with an update fix but maybe it’s just me?
Regardless, it’s starting to get annoying and wondering whether anyone else knows about this and if there’s a fix

Thx

@amaroq can you please go to brave://crashes and

• if you have automatic crash reporting is enabled (Settings --> Privacy/Security --> Automatically send diagnostic reports), please respond back here with the crash report ID
  • If Automatically send diagnostic reports is not enabled, ensure you click Send on these crash reports listed on the page, then reply here with the crash report ID

Thank you.

It was enabled - by default I guess.

Where do I find the crash report?

Since, the latest update it has stopped crashing, so, it’s not an issue any more, at least for the time being.
Still not sure though what it was suggested I do exactly in the eventuality it occurs again. Is it sent automatically if enabled or do I have to do something? It wasn’t clear to me where the crash report is

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.