Brave browser is consuming huge amount of memory and battery

Description of the issue:
Brave browser is consuming too much memory and battery without opening any tab on it!
Knowing that I have 8 GB of ram.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Open brave browser with 0 tap opened
  2. Go to Task Manager of windows 10

Expected result:
Google chrome is consuming less memory than brave browser!

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Version 1.24.84 Chromium: 90.0.4430.93 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:

Hi there @yasserberrehail, welcome to Community :smiley:

Could you kindly open up the task manager through Brave and get a look at what component is hogging the resources.

Instructions how:
Menu --> More Tools Task manager , or right-click on the tab strip (not on a tab) and pick Task manager from the context menu.

Best,
Salty :banana:

1 Like

Hi @yasserberrehail, thank you for your patience.

This is a matter that the Brave Support team has brought up to the Dev team and are working to resolve this issue.

As a possible solution…can you try disabling Hardware Acceleration in settings to see if this resolves the issue?

You’ll find this in Settings --> Additional Settings --> System --> Hardware Acceleration

Best,

Already disabled nothing has changed.

Hi @yasserberrehail, do you have any extensions in your browser?

Yes I have many extension installed.

Hi there @yasserberrehail,

Thank you for sharing those screenshots. One last thing, could you please expand the Brave tab in your task manager this would help me to provide a clear solution.

Thanks,

Hello
Which tab please ?

Hi there @yasserberrehail, thanks for your patience.

Can you try disabling all of your extensions? If that solves the problem, the next steps would be to enable each extension one by one, and seeing which one causes the issue.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.