Brave blocks requests to my backend API

Description of the issue:

I am developing a Classifieds website. So I have a Frontend in React (JavaScript) and Backend in Rails (Ruby).

Frontend makes some requests to the backend. And while I was testing, I notice that some endpoints were not working. I spent basically all day, try to figure out what is the issue, and then I realized only the request to the URL with advertisements word was not working.

A get request like: GET /api/v1/advertisements/active does not work.

But a request to GET /api/v1/advertisements works.

I tested other words like : ads, adverts, and the same problem.

But with other Browsers it works fine. So I think it is a Brave issue.

Does the site function as expected when Shields are turned off?

Yes. But I can’t ask my users to disable the shield when using my classifieds web site.

Is there a specific Shields configuration that causes the site to break? If so, tell us that configuration. (yes/no):

Does the site work as expected when using Chrome?

YEs. I tested it also on Microsoft Edge and it worked fine

Brave version (check About Brave):

Version 1.1.23 Chromium: 79.0.3945.88 (Official Build) (64-bit)

If its not an advert, it would easier/better just to rename the filename. The lists come from Easylist which includes this block.

The following filter will be causing the issue: /advertisements/* which is why /api/v1/advertisements/active is blocked and /api/v1/advertisements isn’t.

Does not make sense to me to change the name. My site is a Classifieds site. So when a user visits the site he is expecting to find adverts.

They not third part ads. Are ads posted by other users previously registered on the site.

So call it anything other than ads, adverts or advertisements does not make any sense to me.

If you have a sample/testable site, I could whitelist it

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.