Brave app showing ads that are not in my region and obviously not getting count

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)? Brave 1.25.73

Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no) YES

What date did you verify your wallet? 2 months ago

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past? YES

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no) NO

Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)? YES

Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)? YES.

Is there something really wrong with brave, 'cause I’m having a hell lot of problems. I’m seeing ads of BITPAY on wallpaper for about one month and that is not a sponsor in my region, so no question on whether i’m getting paid for it or not (OBVIOUSLY NOT). Initially i thought may be it’s a small bug and will get resolved soon. But now it has become unbearable having so many problems. Plus many times an ad comes as notification and i click on it, NOTHING HAPPENS. Nor does the ad count. Sometimes when i open a new tab, APP JUST CRASHES. Like seriously??? What has happened to brave. and please no nonsense in comments that do i have latest version of brave, i obviously have. Please comment only when you literally have any solution or explanation. @steeven @Mattches

@chirag_soni_07,
To start – you are not on the latest version. The latest release is version 1.26.67, please update to the latest build of the browser.

Can you please start a DM with me and @steeven and send your wallet payment ID found on your brave://rewards-internals page so we can take a closer look at what might be going on?

thank you Mr. helpful but my playstore does not show any new update available for brave.

@chirag_soni_07,
Can you please try clearing the Google Play store app’s cache/data and checking again for an update?

1 Like

Cool, It’s 1.26.71 now.

@chirag_soni_07,
And there’s been no change to your Rewards situation?

1 Like

For that, I’ll have to observe 2-3 days.

1 Like

No, wallpaper ads are still not counting. But yes notification ads have improved. And now the crash happens less frequently. But wallpaper ads are still a problem.

@chirag_soni_07,
What locale do you have your system set to?

If you mean country, then India.

No, I mean on your PC what is the system locale set to?

https://www.isunshare.com/windows-10/change-system-locale-in-windows-10.html#:~:text=Steps%20to%20change%20system%20locale,system%20locale%20and%20tap%20OK

Actually, the problem is in brave mobile app, not desktop. That’s why I’ve written yes in the SafetyNet question.

Okay – what locale is your system set to?

English (United States)