Brave app showing ads that are not in my region and obviously not getting count

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)? Brave 1.25.73

Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no) YES

What date did you verify your wallet? 2 months ago

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past? YES

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no) NO

Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)? YES

Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)? YES.

Is there something really wrong with brave, 'cause I’m having a hell lot of problems. I’m seeing ads of BITPAY on wallpaper for about one month and that is not a sponsor in my region, so no question on whether i’m getting paid for it or not (OBVIOUSLY NOT). Initially i thought may be it’s a small bug and will get resolved soon. But now it has become unbearable having so many problems. Plus many times an ad comes as notification and i click on it, NOTHING HAPPENS. Nor does the ad count. Sometimes when i open a new tab, APP JUST CRASHES. Like seriously??? What has happened to brave. and please no nonsense in comments that do i have latest version of brave, i obviously have. Please comment only when you literally have any solution or explanation. @steeven @Mattches

@chirag_soni_07,
To start – you are not on the latest version. The latest release is version 1.26.67, please update to the latest build of the browser.

Can you please start a DM with me and @steeven and send your wallet payment ID found on your brave://rewards-internals page so we can take a closer look at what might be going on?

thank you Mr. helpful but my playstore does not show any new update available for brave.

@chirag_soni_07,
Can you please try clearing the Google Play store app’s cache/data and checking again for an update?

1 Like

Cool, It’s 1.26.71 now.

@chirag_soni_07,
And there’s been no change to your Rewards situation?

1 Like

For that, I’ll have to observe 2-3 days.

1 Like

No, wallpaper ads are still not counting. But yes notification ads have improved. And now the crash happens less frequently. But wallpaper ads are still a problem.

@chirag_soni_07,
What locale do you have your system set to?

If you mean country, then India.

No, I mean on your PC what is the system locale set to?

https://www.isunshare.com/windows-10/change-system-locale-in-windows-10.html#:~:text=Steps%20to%20change%20system%20locale,system%20locale%20and%20tap%20OK

Actually, the problem is in brave mobile app, not desktop. That’s why I’ve written yes in the SafetyNet question.

Okay – what locale is your system set to?

English (United States)

???@mattches please reply

If you are in India and your system is set to United States, that is the cause of your issue.

First of all, please tell me what do you even mean by system locale??? And where to check it.

Did a little bit of g00gling, and it appears that on Android devices (unlike Windows), it assumes the locale from the language setting. If you have your language set to English (United States), Android assumes that you are located in the United States. Dumb, but there you have it. This may be something that Brave devs need to address for Android, adding an explicit locale setting. Perhaps it’s a Linux thing (Android is based on Linux), because I’m not finding a locale setting on my Linux (Debian 10) desktop computer, either.

Please @Mattches @steeven I request you to address this problem. Because this is eating a lot of our ads on brave android app.

Here is a video. You can do this the same in Windows 10.