Brave address bar malfunctioning

When I use the address bar for a search or even inputting an address, then click enter, nothing happens. Please help. Thanks.

Description of the issue:
How can this issue be reproduced?

Expected result:

Brave Version( check About Brave):

Additional Information:

Hey @penelopesgardeb !

Please fill out the template :smiley: It helps speed up the troubleshooting process!

What Brave version are you using?
What OS and device?
Do you have any extensions installed?

Porridge

Sorry. I don’t have any extensions installed. It’s Linux, on a desktop. I’m not sure which version of Brave I have. I’ll try to find out. My name may be a clue to you that I am not one of you hip young people who knows all about these things. :smiley: I’ll see if I can figure it out and come back to reply. Thanks for posting.

Okay, I went to whatsmybrowser.org (found it when searching for browser info) and it said I had a Chrome 91!!! I hope not because I hate google. I know Chromium is the generic thing, so maybe that’s what it means. Also, it said this, if it’s helpful. https://www.whatsmybrowser.org/b/NIX8N

Hi Michael, thank you for explaining this.

I’m using Brave on my desktop with Linux and it’s Chrome 91. Chrome! I hope that doesn’t mean it’s google! I don’t not have any extensions.

I hope that clarifies things for you. Thanks so much for your help!

Penelope

Brave uses chromium which of course google chrome runs off chromium, but basically all browsers need a platform of some sort, and Brave uses chromium. That does not mean they are the exact same as google tho. Hope that clarifies some. I believe Opera runs off same platform as Mozilla yet they are not the same.

1 Like

I see. Thank you very much. I just hate google so much I don’t want to have anything to do with them!

1 Like

Sorry for the delayed response @penelopesgardeb.

About your issue, I am not sure I fully understand what you are experiencing. Are you unable to search or are you unable to go to a specific website? (for example : do you have issues entering “local stores” or accessing www.brave.com)

Thank you,

Porridge

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.