Brave 1.10.90 Crashing on Mac when Sync Enabled

Just upgraded to version 1.10.90. Sync was enabled with four other devices. After upgrading, browser would crash every 40-45 seconds, no matter what I was doing. Had idea to disable sync since that had been a problem in the past. Apparently it still is because after disabling sync, the browser no longer crashes.

2 Likes

I’m facing the exactly same thing down here every a few seconds it crash no matter what I’m doing at that moment. Really weird. I haven’t checked the sync function on my side though.
UPDATE: Sounds disabling sync feature works again. :frowning:

Having the same issue on windows 10

Platform: Window 10 LTSC
Extensions:

• Ublock Origin

Misc:

• Bookmark Sync active
1 Like

Same here, disabling sync solved the issue. Please fix it!

This morning (6/16/2020) the identical crash problem with me. Fortunately, I found this thread, disabled (deleted sync chain) and so far, so good.
Thanks thag0205.

Brave v 1.10.90 only extension is Dashlane Password Manager
MBP mid-2012 (I know - old)
macOS Mojave v 10.14.6

Hi.

I’m having the same issue since the night of June 16th on my MacBook Pro with macOS Catalina.

It is solved by deactivating Sync, I hope it’s a casual issue that will be fixed in in a few days, as Sync for me it’s important as I use Brave also on my mobile device and rely on Sync for bookmark sync.

@thag0205, Welcome to Community!

Sync is disabled. For more information please see:

Can you try opening the Terminal and enter this command: open -a "Brave browser.app" --args --disable-brave-sync
This should disable sync and stop Brave from crashing.

But Sync v2 is available on Brave Nightly if you want to switch and test it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.