Bookmark sync not working with MacOs and Android chain

Description of the issue:
A bookmark saved on the Android app is not syncing with the desktop app after chaining both devices.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.

1. Create a sync chain per the Brave support article How do I Set up sync?
  2. Save a bookmark within the Android app.
  3. Open the desktop Bookmark manager.
  4. Refresh the Bookmark manager.
  5. Refresh the Bookmark manager again in 30 min, 1 hour, 2 hours to see if the bookmark sync has occured.

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
brave://sync

Android bookmarks

Bookmarks manager

Expected result:
Bookmark saved on Android app to show on Desktop app.

Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
Version 0.62.51 Chromium: 73.0.3683.103 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Reproducible on current live release (yes/no):
yes

Additional Information:
Android app version: 1.0.91
Android device: Google Pixel 2
Android version: 9
Mac operating system: 10.11.6
Mac device: MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2009)

Follow-Up

I went to brave://sync today and my Mac and Android device were un-synced. After re-syncing my Android phone with my Mac the bookmarks saved on the phone appeared on my Mac! I will follow-up if the sync continues to work.

02%20AM

That is exactly what I see all the time with two Android devices. Initial sync chain setup works. After updating Brave on at least one device or for no apparent reason at all the syning just stops. The only way to have it running again is to delete and re-setup a new sync chain.

Very annoying, not very professional and unfortunately an ungoing and not yet solved problem.

1 Like

I ran another test this afternoon. At first it appeared to be not working, but a few hours after saving the bookmark on Android within a newly created folder it is showing in the Brave web browser.

I’d love to build this feature for Brave using a serverless architecture such as Firebase’s Firestore which would instantly share the state of logged in users’ bookmarks across web, Android, and iOS without the multiple hour delay.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.