Bookmark menu is gone, Again

It’s doing it again :cry: My Brave browser is up to date but my Bookmark menu is gone. This first thing I always check, is Brave up to date. It is.
I don’t have any extensions running.

@oreo1 Which OS? Which version of Brave? Did you check to make sur eyou have your Bookmark Bar enabled? Like on Linux or Windows, you can press Ctrl + Shift + B to show/hide your bookmarks bar.

I haven’t changed anything about how I have been using Brave. This has happened several times in the past but it’s resolved when Brave has an update available. I checked for a Brave update several times before posting. I am using mac os catilina. I can’t update beyond catalina on this mac but it’s never before been the mac but the need for a Brave update. I then switch back to Firefox, checking back periodically to see if Brave has an update. Firefox works but I prefer to use Brave.

Brave

Brave is up to date

Version 1.48.171 Chromium: 110.0.5481.177 (Official Build) (x86_64)

@oreo1 Is it just the bookmarks bar or you saying all of Bookmarks disappearing? Just trying to help clarify where you’re looking?

If you mean the bookmarks bar, does it reappear if you press + Shift + b?

The drop down bookmarks. But I just checked back and it’s working again??? No Brave update was available or needed, it’s just working again???

My ‘drop down bookmarks’ are gone again and Brave says I’m up to date.
When I click Bookmarks, the drop down of everything I bookmarked is GONE.
Always, when this happens, I check to make sure Brave is up to date. It is so the I switch over to Firefox until the issue is fixed.

My ‘drop down bookmarks’ are gone again and Brave says I’m up to date.
Always, when this happens, I check to make sure Brave is up to date. It is so the I switch over to Firefox until the issue is fixed.

10/22/23 - My ‘drop down bookmarks’ are gone again and Brave says I’m up to date.
Always, when this happens, I check to make sure Brave is up to date. It is, so I switch over to Firefox until the issue is fixed.

3/31/23 Happens A LOT! It’s doing it again :cry: My Brave browser is up to date but my Bookmark menu is gone. This first thing I always check, is Brave up to date. It is.

3/31/23 Happens A LOT!
It’s doing it again :cry:My Brave browser is up to date but my Bookmark menu is gone. This first thing I always check, is Brave up to date. It is.

3/31/23 Happens A LOT! Drop down bookmarks are gone again. My Brave browser is up to date but my Bookmark menu is gone. This first thing I always check is to see if Brave up to date. It is.
I switch over to using Firefox, checking back periodically to see if there is a Brave update available. When there is a new update then my dropdown bookmarks are again operating as they should.

@oreo1

• Is this auto updates or how are you doing the updates?

• If you press + Option + b does it open bookmarks? If so, do all of your bookmarks show?

• Can you share a screenshot of where it is you’re saying bookmarks are vanishing from?

• This only happens when you update Brave?

Yes, auto updates are on.

+ Option + b Doesn’t open my drop down bookmarks

screen shot attached

My assumption is that I Need an update to make the bookmarks work. I make this assumption because once I have an update available, the drop down bookmarks are again working. I have been manually checking for an update to Brave since yesterday. This is always the first thing I do when my bookmarks stop working. Thus far it says that Brave is up to date.

The drop down bookmark menu is gone AGAIN! Brave is up to date. This is getting old. It happens A LOT :frowning:

Bookmarks drop down worked for a few days. I use Firefox while Brave is having this issue. I’m using Firefox right now because 4/12/23 the Brave bookmarks are gone AGAIN. I checked and it says Brave is up to date.
Brave is up to date

Version 1.50.114 Chromium: 112.0.5615.49 (Official Build) (x86_64)

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.