Blurry webpages with auto-focus changes

Focus problems on desktop browser - Blurry

1. Open webpage (youtube, nearly any web page) and browse.
  2. Any use of the mouse pointer on the display page causes focus to narrow to just a few lines with the rest of the page blurrying out (including this bug report/help request).
  3. With Youtube the video window gets flickery with the top half or even entire video screen blacking out or flickering to make video impossible to see.

Pages stay entirely in focus.

Brave Version V1.37.116
I only have this issue on my home PC and it has an NVIDIA graphics card Geforce GTX 970. I’ve often wondered if this is something to do with the NVIDIA card/driver but this ONLY affects Brave Browser (not Microsoft Edge) nor any other apps. I have never been able to find any setting in NVIDIA settings that seem to affect focus or provide some kind of “dynamic focus”.

Seems like a HWA issue — can you try disabling Hardware Acceleration in settings to see if this resolves the issue?

You’ll find this in Settings --> Additional Settings --> System --> Hardware Acceleration

1 Like

THANK YOU! I do believe that was it. I disabled hardware accel and the issue has disappeared. Finally.

1 Like

You’re very welcome, glad that did the trick.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.