BAT rewards drop from 0.01 BAT/ad to 0.001 BAT/ad

That’s in reference to a known rewards counter problem, this isn’t related to the new rewards payment s per ads, I was praying this was bug but it’s appears not to be

1 Like

Lots of BAT / ads bugs in few days

However some rewards are wrong compared to https://sampson.codes/brave/ads/my_region/
Upland should pay 0.005, but it gives me 0.003.

EDIT: now many ads, in my region, pay 0.005 (just after I reached daily cap :expressionless:). I think we have to wait a bit more…

1 Like

they should atleast tell why they did it!!!
Attracting users telling u’ll get paid for viewing ads but paying them 1 cent for 10 ads what utter rubbish

4 Likes

0.010 or I will uninstall after May 5th

5 Likes

lol since when are you using?

15 BAT? don’t try too hard, 5 BAT is almost impossible at current values

2 Likes

2 Likes

Lol
I’m wrote to Elon Musk https://twitter.com/JohnDoe4_20/status/1385994843890098177?s=20
Support me, pls :grin:

1 Like

You can block all ads with an extension and use a free vpn to make your data even more secure. Brave was good but telling us they give us 70% of ad revenue while limiting us to counting 10 ads per day and most will be .001?? This is an obvious lie and if they lie about this what else are they lying about?

7 Likes

On other browsers you can block all ads with extensions and protect your privacy with a vpn. Brave promised us ad blocking, privacy protection and an opt-in ad viewing experience that rewarded us with a small amount of BAT to view ads. They have a limit on how many you get paid for and by lowering it this much it would now take month to earn a bat or two and most of the new tab ads I see I don’t even get paid for because they only record 0-10 a day.

The worst part is the CEO and other support telling us they give us 70% of the ad revenue on the same day they reduce our payout by 90%. They are lying to us right there and this makes everything they say and do suspect. Remember this is the same company that was adding referral codes to websites we visited without our permission awhile back. I’m sorry to those who think this is ok, but Brave has just proven that they are neither brave nor concerned about their users.

8 Likes

Actually they aren’t limiting us to 10 ads.
I got 25-26 on my PC and on my smartphone, too.

1 Like

Most of the ad campaigns have been edited for a price of 0.005, which is pretty acceptable.
The decrease is not 10, but 2 now.

1 Like

Just a thought. Let’s imagine a some amount of users will leave because of this. Then they will exchange their BAT to something else. How will this affect the course of BAT, huh? :-1: :-1: :-1:

I will wait till the day of reward, exchange all BAT I have and perform: sudo apt purge brave-browser. Firefox is much quicker on my old Android phone. And on PC I will just not migrate from Firefox to Brave. This just makes no sense now.

1 Like

CAN YOU GUYS AT BRAVE PLEASE CLARIFY IF THIS IS INTENTIONAL OR NOT? YOUR FOUNDER
Brendan Eich IS SAYING ON TWITTER THAT IT IS DUE TO A BUG AND SOME OF THE SUPPORT TEAMS IS SAYING THAT IT IS.
PLEASE CLARIFY SO WE CAN MAKE A DECISION ON WHETHER TO CONTINUE WITH BRAVE BROWSER OR NOT. BECAUSE THE 0.001/AD IS JUST NOT FAIR TO THE CUSTOMERS.

3 Likes

Brendan says one thing, Samson says another. We’re all know who is Brendan. But, who is Samson?

1 Like

It varies for me also, but the protocol they updated in March is where 10 came from. Before it was 40 per day, but they may not have lowered it yet.

Maybe those 10 are standard ads, without new tab page ads.

Yep, it’s a halving! :grin:

if the price of the bat goes up its going up as well or we are always going to receive 0.005 USD?