Background cards fall asleep

After updating to the latest version, I have a problem with running tabs sleeping. For example, when I start twitch and broadcast in the background because there are drops, I work in another tab, so the twitch window pauses. YouTube does the same. Given that the graphs and statistics of individual routers are running live in the running windows, this putting the cards to sleep is a big problem for me. In previous versions it didn’t do these problems until today after updating the browser.

Expected result: So that all running cards are still active and do not sleep.

Brave Version( check About Brave): Version 1.48.158 Chromium: 110.0.5481.77 (64 bit)

add: same problem Win 11 , Linux and host + TOR too

Hello @Dandelion, thank you for bringing this to our attention. I think there is an option for this under brave://discards/ you can give it a try. Additionally, please read the following article it explains this functionality in Chromium browsers:

I hope this can work for you. Regards.

Hello @Jarc-1107

I have tried all the options listed. Chrome came up with this crap, and unfortunately Brave runs on probably the same “Chromium” base. The background cards worked without sleep only if I turned the sound on and off for the video, here they continued to play. If the running video had the sound off, it automatically paused after switching to another tab. This is unacceptable to me. The PC has enough power and it is unnecessary for the browser to determine the release of load capacity by itself.

PC set:
CPU - 32 cores / 64 threads - AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO 5975WX
RAM - 128 GB

when I set everything to enabled = doesn’t work, the tab is suspended
when I set everything to disabled = doesn’t work, the tab is suspended

It doesn’t matter if I set enabled or disabled. I tried Google Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Brave, Tor.

Unusable with the same problem = Google Chrome, Brave
Usable that work as they should without sleeping tabs = Firefox, Opera, Tor

The result is that I am forced to change the browser and that solves the problem.

add: Version 108.0.5359.125 (Official) (64bit) Chrome and Brave have good function, new version is very bad

Finally, can you try disabling Hardware Acceleration in settings to see if this resolves the issue? You’ll find this in Settings → System → Hardware Acceleration

Also, going to brave://flags > Search 'Vulkan' > Disable Vulkan > Retest

Let us know if that helps. Regards.

Unfortunately it didn’t help. The problem is Chromium, which does the same thing on Google Chrome. It does not use Opera or Firefox, and the problem is not there.

Hello again @Dandelion, apologies for the delay! Is this still an issue for you?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.