Avoid YouTube "are you still watching?" notification

Hi, I wanted to request the Brave team to add a feature to avoid YouTube videos from stopping the video and saying “are you still watching?” after a period of inactivity. I have music playing from YouTube with the background audio playback feature from Brave, and after like an hour or so, the music stops and then that message from YouTube appears on the screen on YouTube, I have to select “yes” in order to continue playing. Seems like YouTube realizes people are listening to music while doing other things and wants to discourage that, I hope Brave developers could find a way to trick YouTube into thinking the user is active and not idle, or have the Brave browser automatically select “yes”.

Another feature I want to see is having a “repeat” button so that after a video or audio ends (like a YouTube video when it reaches the end of the video) I want the video to automatically play again. I noticed that the Brave Playlist feature has a repeat option, but it would be nice to always have it whenever watching video or listening to audio.

Maybe a grease/tamper monkey script might help here

Fixed ads on that site btw, incoming update.

1 Like