Automatically sending BAT to @BravePublishers - 40 BAT's lost

Hello community,

Uphold sent now again 20 BATs from my pocket to any " BravePublishers" automatically. I didnt initialized that.

What is that scam? These were my bats from 6 months advertising…

Auto-Contribute is off since i installed BraveBrowser, was the first thing i had done

What can i do now? Really that is annoying.

I have 2 PC’s with Windows 10 and on both AutoContribute is deactivated by me since the installation of brave.

3 Likes

This is happening to me also!

2 Likes

Yea - this sucks really hard. I start to believe this is scam…

Coz they´re mining with our hardware, they are not paying to anybody, all the bats decrease or just simply disapear. I found out today. They are using us and taking the money.

Uh… that’s not how BATs work? BATs are not mined by users (at this time), they’re distributed by Brave.

If you are going to accuse the Brave Team of defrauding us, please do it right! It’s all there on https://github.com/brave

2 Likes

Hello Natriumpikant, I see that Auto-Contribution (Auto-Beitrag) is off in your screenshots.

I’m playing devil’s advocate here so bear with me, do you have Brave on Mobile? Is Auto-Contribution off on mobile as well? It’s highly unlikely you would misclick twice so there is something automatic going on here.

1 Like

Yes, i have it also on android, but i still did not reach 25 BAT’s there, so it is not connected with my uphold account. Therefore, this should not have an effect on my wallet.

Furthermore AutoContribute is deactivated there…

1 Like

You can prevent that from happening again. what i’m doing is, i’m transferring my BAT to other wallet like binance. you can create your account here https://accounts.binance.com/en/register?ref=59984543

Send your BAT as XRP to your binance account. then from XRP you can convert it to USDT (a stable coin). note that fees are not that high compared to ethereum network.

found this useful thx @themadprogramer

1 Like

I do think its turned on for some device, as these cases keep popping up. It’s always the auto contribute. Why cant brave just clarify better during setup about the auto contribute function, or make it opt-in, not opt-out.

1 Like

Hi all, Auto-Contribute is ON by default and must be manually turned OFF for any device that’s linked to your Uphold wallet. If your AC was turned off and BAT was still contributed, please DM me the following info:

• Do you have multiple devices linked to your Uphold? If so, how many?
  • Can you share a screenshot of your Contributions and Event Log tabs which can be found here brave://rewards-internals/

Thank you in advance!

1 Like