Automatically fund transferred To Brave Publisherd

i had 16 BAT in my uphold wallet and today i checked it and found that there is automatically fund transferred to Brave Publisher. while i never did it

i am shocked may be its a game

i am going to leave brave

i got it why it will happen always

READ IT CARE FULL
The Brave Rewards feature in your Brave browser allows you to support the Brave Verified Publishers by contributing BAT to them subject to these Terms.

This feature provides several mechanisms for you to contribute BAT from your User Wallet to Brave Verified Publisher(s). Currently, these mechanisms include automatic attention-based monthly contributions (ā€œ Auto-Contribute ā€) and direct tips (ā€œ Tipping ā€). When you first enable the Brave Rewards feature in your Brave Browser, please familiarize yourself with the these options. You can learn more about how Brave Rewards works in your Brave browser at https://brave.com/faq/ and at https://support.brave.com/hc/en-us/categories/360001053052-Rewards.

To use the Auto-Contribute mechanism, you select a monthly total amount of BAT to contribute to the sites you visit. The Brave browser assesses the attention you pay to the sites you visit, according to a reasonable attention metric that Company determines, and assigns your monthly BAT contribution among those sites based on that metric. To use the Tipping mechanism, you select a one-time or recurring amount of BAT to be contributed to a particular site. You can change your monthly Auto-Contribute amount or recurring Tipping amounts at any time in the Brave Rewards pane of your Brave browser.

If you have not verified your User Wallet with Uphold, your Brave browser uses a privacy-protecting protocol to assign your BAT contributions to a site. This protocol is designed to ensure that we know how much BAT has been contributed to each site, without knowing which Brave Rewards Users support which sites, preserving your privacy.

The total amount of Brave Rewards User contributions assigned to each site is calculated approximately every calendar month. Contributions are sent from User Wallets and made available to sites that are Brave Verified Publishers through a process facilitated by our third-party wallet provider, Uphold. This process is typically completed by the 8th day of the following calendar month. For operating the Service, we charge Brave Verified Publishers a fee equal to 5% of the contributions assigned to them.

Sites and content creators must become Brave Verified Publishers in order to receive contributions. If you attempt to contribute to a site that is not a Brave Verified Publisher when the contribution is attempted, that attempted contribution will not be completed at that time. Your Brave browser will periodically check whether the site has become a Brave Verified Publisher. Ninety days after the attempted contribution, if the site is still not a Brave Verified Publisher, your Brave browser will stop checking and cancel the unsuccessful contribution attempt. If the site becomes a Brave Verified Publisher during this period, the contribution will be processed at that time.

Me too, automatically fund transferred to Brave Publisher. while i never did it. I turned off Auto-Contribute

Iā€™m slowly losing faith in Brave :frowning:

https://uphold.com/reserve/transactions/aca624cd-3bef-4f33-8d7d-49043cff94f1

i will remove brave browser from my laptop tomorrow

i dont cheat and dont like cheater

2 Likes

in Transaction information, the recipient @Brave Publisher has changed to Uphold Member ā€¦ =))

Before using any software you need to know how the software works,
its your mistake that you have not turned off the auto contribution.

1 Like

Hello,

I had the same and when looking for, I saw one of my Brave instance where I had my Uphold account had Auto contribution activated (my bad).

Have a look on all your Brave instance linked with your Uphold account and check whith brave://rewards-internals/ (contribution tab)

best regards

I turned off Auto-Contribute but still automatically fund transferred to Brave Publisher

i heard that you cant turnoff it if you do it then you will not earn BAT

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.