Auto send Brave rewards to Brave Wallet

Description of the issue:

I just opened Brave wallet to see if there is a way to let all my Brave earned rewards can go into this wallet. But I realized that is not possible. I do not know the technology, but having this feature will help those who live in controlled regulatory spaces.

Brave Version (check About Brave): v1.46.153 (Jan 6, 2022)

Additional Information: I have been feeling very demotivated since the country of my current residence does not allow me to have a verified profile (via Uphold & Gemini). All others like me in these countries are missing out a lot while most countries are taking the full advantage of Brave rewards. I live in UAE, which is heavily encouraging when it comes to crypto tech and DeFi, one can easily study the crazy number of projects approved by the government here. But I feel Brave is lagging only because this is an open source project, a slight disadvantage if I must say, while I genuinely have immesnse respect for all the FOSS world.

In order to comply with current financial regulations (such as FinCEN and OFAC requirements, or equivalent regulators outside the United States), Brave Rewards payouts at this time must first go through a regulated custodian (like Uphold/Gemini).

Note that once you receive BAT into your custodial account, you can always withdraw it on-chain to your Brave Wallet.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.