Allow site to load using Brave

I need to allow certain websites and can’t believe how difficult it is. I thought if I clicked on the padlock icon to the left of the site, I had the option to allow, but I don’t, UNLESS I’m not seeing it.
I found solutions up to a point on Google and in the Brave community. I copied and pasted below what worked up to a point.
I need the steps of WHAT TO DO NEXT because there are a lot of options under “permissions.”
OR If someone knows of an easier way to allow the site, that would be great.

Change settings for a specific site

You can allow or block permissions for a specific site. The site will use its settings instead of the default settings.

1. On your computer, open Brave.
  2. Go to a website.
  3. To the left of the web address, click the icon you see: Secure icon_lock.png, Not secure icon_warn.png, or Dangerous icon_warn2.png.
  4. Click Site settings.
  5. Change a permission setting. Your changes will automatically save.

NOW WHAT DO I DO BECAUSE THERE ARE A LO OF OPTIONS UNDER PERMISSIONS.
thank you.

@BootstrapLiL Do try not to have a wall of ALL CAPS and BOLD text in the future if you could. Also helps to put in proper category and to complete the templates provided. For example, I’ll be moving this post over to #support-and-troubleshooting because that’s where it belongs.

That said, sounds like you’re trying to access sites that your browser is blocking? If so, you’ll have to turn off Safe Browsing most likely, which is at brave://settings/security

But without you telling us specific sites, what you’re seeing, etc then it’s hard to tell you what you’re dealing with and what to do. Clicking on the lock never has allowed you to change it. It just shows what type of connection and everything. Then gives you ability to change site settings.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.