Alert slider triggers “find in page”

Hi team. I’ve got a strange issue that already was reported - link on the bottom. When in Brave, if I use the alert slider on my OnePlus it opens the “find in page” option.

Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.

Description of the issue:

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. use the alert slider on your oneplus phone while within Brave

Expected result:
nothing to happen in Brave expected

**Brave Version( check About Brave):sparkles: v1.47.188

Mobile Device details
Oneplus 8T with the latest Android v13

Additional Information:

1 Like

Hello there @gerranek please accept my apologies for this inconvenience. Does this issue happen if you use the Alert slider on a different Chromium based browser such as chrome?

Hi @Kevin_cc , thanks for your reply. Yes I forgot to mention, it does happen in Chrome as well. It doesn’t happen in the Duck browser. Thanks

1 Like

@gerranek does it happens if you open a new tab on incognito mode and you use the alert slider? If the issue also happens on Chrome maybe its related to chromium itself rather that with Brave.

hi @Kevin_cc , yep the same happening in an incognito window, both in Brave and Chrome. So is there a better place to report this misbehaviour?

@gerranek,
We are taking a look at this but so far are unable to reproduce the behavior. Can you confirm for me that his only happens in Brave?

Scratch the above comment, I see where you responded to this previously. I’ll see what the Android team has to say — looks like it may be a Chromium issue.

Yes, it looks like this issue is likely Chromium related:

Trying to find the actual Chromium bug filed for this.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.