After removing "Google Sheets" Crypto Wallet-Stealer, brave gives error everytime it's booting up

Description of the issue:
I recently found out that I had a crypto wallet-stealer extension installed by the name of “Google Sheets”. I located its path (C:\Users\shaan\AppData\Local\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\User Data\Default\Extension\blikpfdmdlibmreennqqojdicffiokco\4.1.4._0)

When I delete the extension folder, every time I run Brave, I get the following pop-up:

How can this issue be reproduced?
By Opening Brave

Expected result:
Brave opening without any pop-up like above

Brave Version:
Version 1.42.88 Chromium: 104.0.5112.81 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:
Is there a brave extension loader file that is forcefully trying to load that doesn’t exist? Or is it some outsider application? I’ve scanned my computer with Malwarebytes and adwcleaner and it came out with 0 detections.

I’d like to know how to provide logs so maybe that’ll help to identify it better. I just don’t want to reset the browser. It takes too much time to restore everything

Does it still show up in brave://extensions/? And if so, can you just uninstall it from there?

That’s the problem. It doesn’t show up there. I even tried bringing it back and uninstalling it from the brave extensions menu. It gets removed without any problem but when I restart browser, the error comes back. Which makes me feel like brave is being forced to enable the extension and since it doesn’t exist, I get the error.

Malwarebytes recently started detecting this malware and removed it. It no longer shows up on the extensions list. But my god this forum is useless.

Glad you were able to find your own solution and become one of the many helped here! Helping users help themselves is always satisfying.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.