Advertised publishers aren't Brave Creators

Hello,

On the official website for the Brave Creators program, there are the following publishers listed:

• XXL
  • Vice
  • 50 Cent
  • wikiHow
  • Freedom of Press Foundation
  • The Washington Post
  • The Guardian
  • MarketWatch
  • Barron’s
  • CoinDesk

But when I visit their respective websites, the Brave web browser does not show that these sites are listed as verified publishers. They are all unverified and not collecting BAT. The only one still collecting BAT from the original ten sites is wikiHow.

I guess you either need to prod the listed websites to start claiming BAT again, or cease promoting them as publishers and find 9 more candidates?

1 Like

They may have a Creator account, but not be eligible to earn tips.
This may be for few reasons. Either they are not connected to a custodial wallet, or they are registered in an unsupported region.

@cheeseglove as mentioned by @rodrige, it’s likely due to the changes that occurred. People had been able to receive tips even if they weren’t linked to a custodial account. But that changed at the end of last year. So there are quite a few who will not show up as if they aren’t verified publishers unless they are connected to a region that is currently supported.

You can see this announcement at [Action required] Changes to being a verified creator: connect a custodial account and you can see which countries are supported at this time via https://support.brave.com/hc/en-us/articles/6539887971469

That said, I’ll tag @steeven on it as you make a good point that if these sites aren’t verified, they may want to reach out to get them set up or to change what they show on the site. I mean, if they aren’t showing Verified and aren’t connected, then they wouldn’t be earning from Brave Rewards, lol.

I’ve never been able get on CoinDesk - I don’t know if its a Brave thing or a location thing - I get:

This site can’t be reached

www.coindesk.com unexpectedly closed the connection.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.