Ads and trackers blockers breaks all websites

On latest version ( 1.61.114) I have to allow all trackers and ads on all sites or they do not load apart from basic text

1 Like

This is an example. This is from the changelog of the brave browser site

1 Like

Funnily enough if I switch it to aggressively block trackers and ads it works as expected again

Same here. Keep reporting this. Used AppCleaner to uninstall Brave and reinstalled. Same issue. Crazy! I’m switching to FF until they fix this.

macOS 12.7.2

1 Like

I may have just found a solution. Go to the filter list and turn off the easylist cookie option. Seems to have got it all working again

1 Like

Ads and trackers blocker is now working again with EasyList Cookie List. Just started using only Fanboy’s Annoyance List (instead of EasyList Cookie List) with Fanboys Mobile Notifications (already selected by default) and webpages are loading quicker. From the https://easylist.to/ website: “Fanboy’s Annoyance List blocks Social Media content, in-page pop-ups and other annoyances; thereby substantially decreasing web page loading times and uncluttering them. EasyList Cookie List and Fanboy’s Social Blocking List are already included, there is no need to subscribe to them if you already have Fanboy’s Annoyance List.”

If performance suffers, will update post. Otherwise you can assume Fanboy’s Annoyance List is an improvement over EasyList Cookie List.

1 Like

I have found that on some websites, there is a slightly longer load with Fanboy’s Annoyance list, having used it for a bit, but it’s not any websites I care about.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.