Adjust address bar size

New to Brave and the community. I have a Dell XPS 4k monitor which I run Manjaro KDE. I am able to scale most items (other browsers, programs, etc) to work on the 4K monitor. I have the Brave browser scaled the way I like except for the address bar and icons. How can I enlarge these two items?

Hey @brohan
So I haven’t used Manjaro myself, but more often than not most Linux’s are relatively the same under the hood.

Now whereas also Brave is based on Chromium, a Chrome branch, it in theory should have Chrome dev tool support.
Try the following ideas if this sounds applicable:

First I found was this
“In Ubuntu 18.10, the scaling factor can be found/changed by installing Gnome Tweaks and then navigating to the ‘Fonts’ tab.”

There was another idea that was in anarticle I found, it stated the following.

"1. Go to your Settings → Displays
2. Note what the value of the slider is at “Scale for menu and title bars” (mine was 1.5)
3. Open a terminal
4. sudo gedit /usr/share/applications/google-chrome.desktop
5. Find this line:

Exec=/usr/bin/google-chrome-stable %U

1. Change it to this (where n is the value you noted in step #2):

Exec=/usr/bin/google-chrome-stable --force-device-scale-factor=n %U

1. Save/close, relaunch Chrome.

Unfortunately this doesn’t seem to work with VS Code, but that’s less of an issue, as you can simply zoom out (View Menu → Zoom Out), and it affects the entire UI.

Explanation: Ubuntu applies a system-wide scaling factor to the UI in hi-DPI monitors. Chrome thinks it’s so special, so it ignores that and does its own thing.

The link above recommends changing to a 1 scaling factor, but this is the equivalent of 0 scaling (not OK for hi-dpi).

By mirroring the system scale factor, you bring Chrome in-line w/ everything else."

Hope this helped!

-AASB

Refrences

Thank you for the reply / help. I am using the display scaling in KDE for the rest of my programs and it works well.

I edited the file suggested (below) with no success.

File:
sudo vi /usr/share/applications/brave.desktop

Line:
Exec=brave %U

Change to:
Exec=brave --force-device-scale-factor=1.7 %U

FWIW if I start Chromium as such:
chromium --force-device-scale-factor=2

Chromium (which had the same issue for me as brave) did scale the address bar and surrounding icons, however adding the --force-device-scale-factor to the chromium-desktop file did not work when chromium started

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.