Address bar url auto suggestion

Description of the issue:
I am unable to delete address bar urls after clearing cache. Even when signed out of gmail, it displays inbox status in address bar. Also, I want to do away with auto suggestion for address bar urls

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.

1. Sign in to your gmail.
  2. Make sure you have a few unread mails.
  3. Sign out of gmail.
  4. Type gmail in Brave browser address bar
  5. Check suggestions and inbox with unread mails will be displayed.

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):

Expected result:

Reproduces how often:
Everytime I sign out of gmail and attempt to visit again.
Everytime I type an alphabet or half url in address bar

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
OS - Windows 10
Brave Version 0.66.101 Chromium: 75.0.3770.142 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:
None

@br007 Thanks for reporting. I am unable to reproduce the issue by using the STR provided in the thread. After clearing the cookies and histories, the gmail inbox status is cleared from the address bar. Also, by default prediction services option for URL auto suggestion is disabled in chrome://settings/privacy

Is the issue reproducible on clean profile? or it’s happeing only on upgraded profile?. Can you make small recording on the issue and share it across.

Thanks!

Thank you for checking the issue.

I can’t clear cache every time I sign out of gmail… Else I will have to start a new window every time and then tabbed browsing makes no sense.
If I have multiple tabs open, and I sign out of gmail on one tab, the issue is faced. As another tab may have outlook mail and if I clear cache, then I have to sign out of all emails in the same browser session.
I am attaching a screenshot of the inbox with unread mails in the same session.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.