'Add Languages' options is missing in Brave Spell Check Language settings

Hi there. Hi think the subject says it all… Here is a screenshot:

(Toggling and untoggling the available language options doesn’t by magic resolve it)

Environment : Brave Version 1.28.106, Chromium: 92.0.4515.159 (Official Build) (64-bit)
on Windows 10 21H1 (build 19043.1165)

PS: I’ve just spotted that this issue was already reported a few months ago by @pietroky in the post Add Language button is missing but seemingly with no reaction ? :cry:

@AlterMind,
If you click on the “down arrorw” where it says Language additional options will be revealed, including Add languages:

Thank you @Mattches , that’s solved it indeed.

But… com’on… what kind of design is this to have two separate sections for this ?? When seeing the ‘Language’ section I implicitly thought it was the browser’s language, not the ones for the spell check for which there was a list below. Soooo confusing.

At the least, should such a ‘Add languages’ button/link be available in the spell check section also ?

1 Like

@AlterMind,
I agree that the UI here could use some work. I was about to open an issue for this as I couldn’t find it either :slight_smile:

I’ll reach out to design team and see what (if anything) we can do about this.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.