Add a feature in downloads section of Brave “Ask me what to do with each download” like it is present in Microsoft Edge

Add a feature in downloads section of Brave “Ask me what to do with each download” like it is present in Microsoft Edge.
It helps us to avoid downloads from some bad websites that try downloading stuff automatically.

Strongly endorse this request. Right now, Brave either automatically opens or automatically asks ‘where to save’. But it should allow the user to choose for each download whether to open (which means saving the file to %TEMP%) or to save (in which case it should ask for save location). This has been a standard feature in Firefox for decades, and Edge finally adopted it last year. Brave should have begun with this feature.

1 Like

Yes It will take Brave time to adopt this feature.

I don’t understand why it will take Brave so much time. And more importantly, why Brave developers are not responding to this request, which has been made by many many people across threads on this forum and should anyway be a no-brainer. “Save or Open” should be a standard option for each download.

2 Likes

Yes, Brave devs are not responsive, If we post these requests on Brave GitHub repository then they say to post such requests on Brave Community and here no dev is showing up.
Just show up and say if you will be working on this or not.