Adblocker has been ineffective as of today, 7/31/24

Looks like YouTube is back at it again.

Windows 10, Brave v.1.68.134
Experimental mode not enabled (I never figured out how to do that the last time I was here)

Additional Info:
Relevant to last time, the ads will run without a skip feature, and they will run multiple ads before going to the video.

Semi-on topic:
I wonder if anyone is able to create a YouTube mirror that can host videos without the ads. I know such things already exist, but they’re usually small scale solutions. You can fetch the video directly from the platform. Just some thoughts I’d like to throw out for any ambitious Joe (or, if such a thing already exists, please send it my way).

1 Like

Investigating the YT issues,

I’m having the same issue. Been using Brave Browser for years. Haven’t seen a YouTube ad the entire time. Today it just stopped working. Didn’t change anything. Windows 10 and Brave Version 1.68.134 Chromium: 127.0.6533.88 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Appreciated. :slight_smile:
And, thank you for correcting yourself.

@konichiwah89 @Sparrow_ATC

We have some test youtube rules;

https://pastebin.com/raw/AN3VSusb

2 Likes

Awesome, I was looking for something like this earlier. Much appreciated

Is it working?, just wanting feedback on ads with the new rules.

Works for me. Thank you! :smiley:

Is www.youtube.com##+js(set-trusted-types) needed? or is both rules?

Based off of what I’ve experienced so far, it looks like this rule is not necessary for the hotfix.

Thanks for the quick response :+1:

Thanks, they seem to be working rn I think. Let’s hope it stays that way for a while.

Okay we need some testers. @konichiwah89 @Sparrow_ATC @makuffa @mkfc

• Remove any lists or rules already used for Youtube. Or any extensions enabled.
    Add the following to test: in brave://adblock (custom rules). Save then reload Youtube.
www.youtube.com##+js(trusted-rpnt, script, (function serverContract(), (()=>{let e="";document.addEventListener("DOMContentLoaded"\,(function(){if(!window.yt?.config_?.EXPERIMENT_FLAGS?.html5_enable_ssap_entity_id)return;const t=()=>{const t=document.getElementById("movie_player");if(!t)return;const n=t.querySelector("video");if(!n)return;const o=t.getVideoStats()?.ssap;if(n.duration&&o&&o.includes("vid.nvd")){const i=parseInt(o.split("st.").at(-1).split(";")[0])/1e3;let r=[];for(const e of o.matchAll(/\bcpn\.([-\w]+)/g))r.push(e[1]);const s=r.join("\,");(!1===n.loop&&e!==s&&n.currentTime<i||!0===n.loop&&n.currentTime<i||.001===n.currentTime&&n.currentTime<i)&&(t.seekTo(i)\,e=s)}};t();new MutationObserver((()=>{t()})).observe(document\,{childList:!0\,subtree:!0})}))})();(function serverContract(), sedCount, 1)
www.youtube.com##+js(nano-stb, [native code], 17000, 0.001)
1 Like

Working good so far.
The previous code had encountered an issue where the video would not load, at all, if an ad was meant to play. This appears to have fixed it.

Filter rule has landed in the latest Brave update. No custom rules needed.

Brave Ad Block Updater - Version: 1.0.7302 or better. in brave://components

1 Like

Works perfect for me, no CTRL + SHIFT + R needed to reload the videos.
Thanks for this work.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.