YouTube bypassing Brave's Adblock

YouTube bypassing Brave’s Adblock

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lT21wKoXyQ

This is one of the sites where I faced this ad bypass. There are many actually on YouTube. Also, there are no options given to Skip or close the ad. One has to watch the whole thing and still the video doesn’t play.

**Did the issue present with [default Shields settings]? (yes) **

Does the site function as expected when Shields are turned off? (Yes)

Is there a specific Shield configuration that causes the site to break? If so, tell us that configuration. (No)

Does the site work as expected when using Chrome? (No) …Ads are there too

Brave version: 1.8.95 (Windows 10)

1 Like

Try a clean Brave profile, or try in Brave Beta (with no extensions.). I just tested this link, no in video ads seen here

1 Like

I am having the same problems on the current stable version. Ads are showing on Youtube and not displaying the skip button. If I put the shields down for youtube the ads still have the same behavior. While watching an ad turning shields on and off cause a new ad to play every time I flip the switch. The skip button never displays regardless of shield status.

The problem is resolved if I switch to Brave Beta. Hope this helps!

@toddhuish,
Can you try clearing your browsing data/cache? That will very likely resolve the issue you’re describing.

1 Like

Ah! I cleared browsing/data for the last 24 hours and it cleared it up.

Youtube has been acting especially weird for the last 2 weeks or so. It went from never showing an ad to trying and failing and making me refresh the page very time I played a video to just 2 days ago showing ads without skip buttons.

Not sure what’s going on but hopefully the devs are taking it into account because I would love to just keep using this browser for everything.

2 Likes

Thank you for letting us know – we appreciate the help!
Glad we were able to get the issue resolved as well! Marking this as solved for now.

1 Like