Ad-blocker not working on YouTube

Description of the issue: Ad blocker not working on YouTube.
Expected result: No ads on YouTube

Brave Version( check About Brave): Version 1.66.90 Chromium: 124.0.6367.82 (Official Build) beta (64-bit)

Additional Information:

@Sumanths1312 can you provide a screenshot of your page on brave://components? And while you’re at it, make sure everything there is updated? Such as below…

Just to be clear. I am betting on one of two things to happen.

(1) It wasn’t updated and doing so will fix it.

(2) Your OS has a permissions issue and you’re going to end up seeing a message that it can’t update and/or it’s going to say something like Version 0.0.0.0 for your components. So we’ll have to walk you through triggering the prompt so you can give permissions

Those have been the two primary things on people experiencing issues with YouTube showing ads. If it’s neither of those, then it could be one of the three below:

1. An extension you’re using is interfering. (and your screenshot tells us you’re using extensions). You can verify this and #2 by opening in a private tab or creating a second browser profile that doesn’t have extensions loaded.

2. You need to clear cookies/cache for YouTube

3. New rules are being tested by YouTube and you’ll have to hold on for a future update on content filters, which usually happens within 24 hours of people having problems. (which under some things YouTube has done, still requires cleared cookies otherwise those persist and give warnings or force ads)

1 Like

I think I found the solution to this.

I was having issues with Ads on Youtube being not blocked and one of the components refused to update so what I did was to right click on Brave icon, go to Properties, Compatibility and check the Run this program as an Administrator and the ads on youtube gets blocked properly and the Brave Shield Adblocker is now properly updated.

1 Like