Account flag status? Ads stopped since December

Briefly describe your issue:
Account is probably flagged, stopped in middle of connecting between Uphold and Brave. I guess this is where problem occurred (flag status). Last ads were back in December and I did successfully receive the ads back before the trying to connect with Uphold.

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?
[Version 1.34.81 Chromium: 97.0.4692.99 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no)
Wallet status: Not connected

What date did you verify your wallet?
N/A

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?
Yes, on my Brave rewards

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)
No

Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)?
Yes

Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)?
N/A

1 Like

I have the same problem. I am getting ads but no BATs since January. I do not know why.

@ricardoh

That’s actually something they are in the process of incorporating in our browser. 7 days ago it was switched to Planning stage for the roadmap. https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/issues/15429

It all depends. If you have Brave Rewards turned on and set to see ads but then it sees your IP address and all in a different region, it can be marked as suspicious behavior. They do say you need to have your Locale and IP Address to match with your Ads location which you can see at the Ad Diagnostics tab in brave://rewards-internals

They suggest if using VPN, you always have it match your country/origin.

@BowTiedGsanov and @sebacubei

Sadly right now, only way to figure it out right now is to contact Support. Send a DM to @steeven and @Mattches explaining your issue and then include the information below:

• Copy/paste your Wallet ID (found on brave://rewards-internals )
  • Your OS and Brave version (first three lines in brave://version )
  • A screenshot of your Rewards panel in Settings --> Brave Rewards
1 Like

@ricardoh If that’s the case, it seems you got caught up in the systems net. So yeah, likely flagged. Can’t say I understand why, but automated systems make a lot of mistakes. I used to be an admin for a few Facebook groups and when I turned on their auto moderator stuff…it was horrible to see how many “innocent” posts and comments were erased and accounts kicked.

Anyway, all you can do is reach out to steeven and Mattches like I mentioned above, making sure you include the info listed. Let them know which ads you are or aren’t seeing and how it’s not counting. Hopefully they can see and respond quick, but be ready for the idea it might take a couple weeks due to all the issues they are handling lately.

It is definitely an unfair policy to kick off the users from the Brave Rewards, still forcing them to see ads on new tabs while not getting any rewards.
You should change your automation rules.
Will DM mentioned admins to check what happened to my Brave as I have exactly the same issue.

You are not forced to see ads of any kind. Brave ads (notifications) can be disabled in Settings --> Rewards. New tab page sponsored images can be disabled by going to New tab page --> Customize --> Show sponsored images and toggling the option “off”.

@BowTiedGsanov,
Please send me a DM with your wallet payment ID found on your brave://rewards-internals page and I’d be happy to take a look.

Thank you.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.