This category is for reporting web pages that display ads that bypass Brave’s ad-blocker.
Ad-Blocking Posting Guidelines:
Topics that belong in this section:
This section should be used specifically for reporting ads that appear in Brave while browsing when you believe they should be blocked. Before posting, please remember that Brave does not block 1st party ads. Reporting on offending ads helps us further refine and improve our Shields software.
Please provide us with the following when reporting in this category :
- Did the issue present with default Shields settings?
Default states are:
Block: Ads/Trackers, 3rd Party Cookies, 3rd Party Fingerprinting
Allow: Encrypt Connections (HTTPS), Scripts
- Where and how do the ads appear? Please tell us the URL of the site hosting the offending ad and a screenshot as it appears on the webpage. Optionally, console output is often useful in diagnosing where the ads originate and how they’re implemented.
To view console output:
- Open the Main Menu
- Navigate to
More Tools --> Developer Tools
- A window displaying the website markup will appear in a new window
- In the new window, select the
Consoletab to display console output
- What Brave version/Build are you using?
Search for Duplicates
Given the amount of reports/request we get each day, there’s a good chance that someone else may have raised the issue with us already or may have been resolved. Before posting, use the search bar on the top-right corner of the website to see if other users have raised the same concern.
Note: The search is pretty good - good use of keywords (pertaining to your issue) and sorting the results by “latest” is generally a good way to start your search.