1 BAT to Brave Software International

Hello,

I received an email about the transaction details. I didn’t do anything. It happened last month on November 21, too. Can you please explain to me what it is? I didn’t send any tips to anyone. Auto-Contribute is always closed. What should I do to prevent this from happening?

Thank you.

1 Like

Same happen to me (yesterday) and this is fking weird, why Brave have control over my uphold account? No matter the amount this is clearly stealing.

@luchettodj94 and @ipekmorel TL:DR is that this will happen if you have any profiles or devices that might have Auto-Contribute turned on. In the past, some people looked and realized their old devices or secondary profiles had been linked and had auto-contribute on. So definitely make sure you’re checking everything you use.

In regards to payments or BAT related issues, you generally will want to create a Rewards Support Ticket at https://support.brave.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360001302431 so they can investigate everything. Keep in mind lot have been on vacation and they’ll have some catching up to do. Basically, just letting you know might be a little while to get responses but they’ll respond to tickets in the order they are received. Definitely would get that done if you think there’s an issue.

Thank you, Saoiray. I’ll check it out again.

Happened to me as well on the same day with the fella that posted the thread. I have a transaction on the 4 of January of 1 BAT that went to brave browser. And regarding auto contribution i have the same account on my laptop and the phone that i am typing this message and I have auto contribution set as off on both. No other device connected and they still took that BAT.

And i couple hour later i received 1.45 BAT and has the message “December payment”.

Same thing happened to me also 1 BAT sent to Brave International… I found my new device (Solana Saga) had Auto-Contribute on, I am sure this used to be OFF by default? has that changed?

Negative. It has always been on by default.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.