Description of the issue:
I installed the Zotero Connector plugin from the web store and it has been working with Zotero to collect papers for a while. Today, it stopped working. I followed the steps on Zotero troubleshooting to no avail.. Other people have had this problem as well.
The one thing I did which may have contributed to the problem was that I installed Zotero Connector to a second profile in Brave. It only stopped working after that.
I deleted the browsing and extension data in More Tool → Clear Browsing Data → Advanced → All checkboxes selected over past 24 hours for both Profiles, but this didn’t help.
I’m using Windows 10.
Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.
- Install Zotero by clicking “Download” here: https://www.zotero.org/
- Install the “Zotero Connector” plugin from the Chrome store
- Open the Zotero program
- Try to capture a reference using Zotero Connector (any webpage will do, or try a random paper from PubMed)
- The connector should import the paper as expected.
- Now, in a second profile in Brave, install the plugin, too.
- Try to get another reference with the Zotero program still open in either profile
- Will get an “Is Zotero running?” error that cannot be fixed by any troubleshooting step on the Zotero troubleshooting site linked above.
Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
Get an "Is Zotero Running? error
The error message (the Zotero program was running when this occured:
The Zotero Connector Plugin interface doesn’t see Zotero anymore. Here’s the plugin’s settings page:
Zotero captures the reference in the main program
Reproduces how often:
Operating System and Brave Version(See the
About Brave page in the main menu):
Windows 10 Pro 2004 with Brave 1.21.73.
Others are having a similar problem. See the Zotero forum here for more info: https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/87066/brave-browser-zotero-connector-cannot-contact-zotero-desktop-app#latest