YouTube link opens in Brave instead of native Youtube app

Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.

**Description of the issue: Youtube links in Brave open at m.youtube.com instead of being directed to the native Youtube app

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Use Brave
  2. Click youtube url

**Expected result: Url redirects to native Youtube app, instead of opening in a tab withing Brave

**Brave Version( check About Brave): 1.19.88

**Mobile Device details OnePlus 7t, Android 10, OxygenOS 10.0.16.HD65AA

Additional Information:

3 Likes

There should be an option to set a default.

2 Likes

That is not the point here, we all know that. We want a choice , that’s it. I use yt vanced and it has no ads. Even if i were to use the regular yt app, brave should have an option for a default. A consumer centric company should always prioritize people’s right to choose over all else.

2 Likes

The default is already yt app, the brave app overrides it and opens any link in brave itself. In a other browsers, the default (yt app) is used.

1 Like

I have Android 9 and it doesn’t happen. I suggest you clear the “default apps” settings in your Android and start over by choosing YouTube right away as default app for youtube.com videos. This will solve your issue.

1 Like

Hi all,

To close the loop, I was able to track down the setting. It is within Brave, not OS.
Settings > Site settings > Video Playback in Brave > updated to disabled

4 Likes

Oh, dude @smath Thanks a ton mate. It fixed it for me.

@smath Thanks you just saved my life.

Yes I’d like to open YouTube in brave browser please

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.