Where can I download the the latest version for Windows 7/8 the Brave 1.47.x offline installer?

哪里有最晚支持 Windows 7/8 的 Brave 版本 1.47.x 版离线安装包的下载?
我从 github 上找到的是 1.47.189 ,但没有 Windows 的离线安装包下载。

What I found from github is 1.47.189, but there is no offline installer download for Windows.

Thanks for providing the download link

@DOSforever I do believe you were looking at the wrong one. The last known version to work with Windows 7 and 8 is https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/releases/tag/v1.47.186

1 Like
1 Like

Thank you. I thought that the same Brave 1.47.x, which is based on the latest version of Chromium 109.0.5414.119 that supports Windows 7, 189 should be newer than 186. Why does 186 provide a variety of installation files for download, but 189 does not?

Because 189 wasn’t an actual release, it was pre-release

The files show that it was just iOS. I don’t know the whole story behind what you found there but I can tell you that if you look there’s no release notes. Any time that it’s something that’s released to be used, there’s always release notes.

And if you look, both had same Chromium listed. Again, I have no idea what 189 Was all about but just know that it wasn’t anything that ever made it to all of us, especially on desktop

1 Like

谢谢。
请问下载列表中众多安装文件名中的一些名称代表什么意思?某些我能猜到其含义,比如
BraveBrowserStandaloneSilentSetup.exe 表示 64-bit 的静默安装包,
BraveBrowserStandaloneSilentSetup32.exe 则表示 32-bit 的静默安装包,
BraveBrowserStandaloneSetup.exe 表示安装时有用户交互的 64-bit 安装包,
brave-v1.47.186-win32-x64.zip 表示免安装,解压缩后可直接使用的 64-bit 程序压缩包;
但有些我不明白其含义,比如 symbols, native-symbols ,这些文件是做什么用的?
同样是 Android 版,为什么要加 Mono 字样?Mono 和 Monoarm 有什么区别?
不知 https://github.com/brave/brave-browser 主页上有没有相关说明?

Thank you.
Could you please tell me what some of the names in the download list represent? Some I can guess their meanings, such as:

• BraveBrowserStandaloneSilentSetup.exe represents the 64-bit silent installation package,
  • BraveBrowserStandaloneSilentSetup32.exe represents the 32-bit silent installation package,
  • BraveBrowserStandaloneSetup.exe represents the 64-bit installation package with user interaction,
  • brave-v1.47.186-win32-x64.zip represents the 64-bit program archive that can be used directly after extraction.

But there are others whose meanings I don’t understand, such as “symbols” and “native-symbols”. What are these files used for?
Also, for the Android version, why add the word “Mono”? What is the difference between “Mono” and “Monoarm”?
I wonder if there are any explanations on the https://github.com/brave/brave-browser homepage regarding these questions?

I’m not into coding but can say each is also as you mentioned, typically referring to a specific type of OS/device.

• Mono is for a single CPU architecture, usually x86 or ARM.

• Monoarm would be specifically for a decice using ARM, which is common on mobile devices.

• Symbols are debugging symbols, providing additional information needed to debug the binary. They map binary code back to source code, making debugging easier.

• Native-Symbols: These are similar but specifically for native code, which is code compiled to run directly on the hardware rather than within a virtual machine.

Honestly, I had to spend some time trying to research and ask AI just to figure out some of that.

Don’t think so. What I may do though is just tag @steeven to see if he has any better input but then just to see if he thinks it might be worth anyone trying to write up a little article about some of it.

I think the main issue though is it’s just a small niche group of people who need to know much of anything, with the average person not even downloading from Github as they just get from official download pages or from app stores. Then those looking for files typically just need to know which one is for their device, which is more like you had listed originally.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.