Where are the actual installation files for Brave?

Hi All,

I carry Brave with me on a flash drive to install at customer sites. This is not the actual file, but and installer stub. Yesterday, I had to wait in embarrassment as a slow Internet connection took forever to install Brave. It made me look stupid.

So, I though I’s ask. Where are the “actual” installer files located so I can download them to my flash drive before arriving at a customer’s site? Sort of like Mozilla’s https://ftp.mozilla.org? (I wrote a program that goes out and download any new revision of software I carry on my flash drive, I just don’t know where Brave keeps the real stuff.)

Many thanks,
-T

1 Like

@ToddAndMargo,
You can find all available Brave binaries on our Github Repository:

In addition, to avoid the issue you described with your customer’s slow internet, you may consider the standalone installer (also available in the page linked above) which installs the latest version directly (offline).

Hope this helps!

1 Like

I don’t mean to be dense here, but I am not having much luck finding the latest offline installer and revision for Windows. Would you point me to it?

Absolutely! Look for the “Standalone” links on this page.

1 Like

Thank you!

What is the difference between BraveBrowserSetup.exe and BraveBrowserSetup32.exe?

Also, the link was for releases/tag/v0.62.51. I need to know how to figure out what the latest release is. (This will be added to a program and I will be reading with Perl 6 and curl.)

v0.62.51 is the latest release. If you have Brave installed anywhere, you can go to menu --> About Brave to see the latest version (assume you’re up to date).

BraveBrowserSetup.exe = Stub installer – 64 bit
BraveBrowserSetup32.exe = Stub installer 32bit

2 Likes

Thank you! And the two I would want are BrowserStandaloneSetup.exe and BrowserStandaloneSetup32.exe.

one down, one to go!

My program does not have access or even care what version of Brave I personally have installed. I need to be able to find what the latest stable release’s version is from the web. All I need is the web page where this is found. (I read the whole page and then find what I need by carving up the page with Perl.)

I do see this:

https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/releases?after=v0.64.37

But that looks like a terrible moving target

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.