When Will There Be A Master Password?

Why is there no Master Password to protect the saved logins in Brave? A thief who steals a computer with Brave installed will now have access to ANY site that the owner needed to entered a login. Both the login username AND the password are both visible in CLEAR TEXT! If you need a reason for a security update, this one should be at the top of anyone’s list.

15 Likes

+1 . after 15 years using firefox, I badly need that, the master password became a necessary piece of my passwords security !

10 Likes

+1. Just waiting for this feature before migrating from firefox to brave…

6 Likes

Don’t wait… Even without this, Brave is infinitely better than FF. With FF, if I had 20 or more pages open, it would completely dominate all available computer memory and resources - enough so, that I would be forced to restart my system. With Brave, my Process Explorer graph hardly makes a blip even right now, when I have 59 pages open.

4 Likes

+1
I’m waiting as well :wink:

5 Likes

+1 Should have been there ever since

3 Likes

Agree! This is an important feature and will delay my use of the Brave browser. Hope its in the works.

6 Likes

I have specifically joined the Brave community because I too am concerned about this. For the reasons SLK001 adumbrates, a master password really can’t happen soon enough. Please give urgent attention to this matter…

4 Likes

Please give Urgent attention to this matter, Master password badly need.

5 Likes

+1 for master pasword.

5 Likes

+1 please. We need to be sure that stored passwords are safe. Until that, i continue to use Lastpass.

3 Likes

+1
Still want this, i hope Brave will Respond to this

4 Likes

I just migrated to Brave and having no chance of securing the login credentials is a big drawback. I would also like many others here prefer to have a master password or something similar.

3 Likes

Well…having waited in vain since January for Mr. Eich to accede in person and without delay to my request for a master password, I decided that I like Brave so much I’d purchase a Password Manager to use with my new favourite browser; and so I have! (I know! Hold the front page of the New York Times! Limey gets wallet out of pocket!!) Now everything’s secure and ticketty-boo, as we say in these parts…
Keep up the good work.
JLC.

1 Like

Maybe this has been solved already, however my passwords are being protected by my master password for Windows 10. If you click on the passwords link, it shows you all the sites and their usernames, but the passwords are blocked with the eye. When you click on the eye it asks for your Windows password. Seems like it is working to me.

2 Likes

But that’s only a work-around for Windows. I use Brave on Linux and urgently need that Feature…
(But anyways thanks for the hint ;-))

5 Likes

+1 here it would be fantastic

2 Likes

I too am concerned about not having a dedicated master password - separate from the operating system credentials

4 Likes

Is anyone on BRAVE team even looking at these comments… YES … WHY is there NO MASTER PASSWORD feature. ??? This should be a no-brainer for a browser that claims to be so much more advanced.

5 Likes

+1
Would also be nice if we could sync passwords across devices, like Google passwords on Chrome (which also has a master password)

5 Likes