When Will There Be A Master Password?

+1. This is something that is a necessary requirement in the company I work for. Otherwise people are not allowed to store passwords in the browser at all. That’s why I’m currently stuck on Firefox…

3 Likes

+1 for master pasword.

4 Likes

Everything is fine , its a better platform to showcase the features and the speed of the browser is immense . But why no MASTER PASSWORD ?
Badly need master password

4 Likes

Why is the master password still not a feature?

3 Likes

Agree. It would be great if Brave Browser has built-in master password lock that can prevent other people using my computer from peeping into my browser.

2 Likes

+1 for master pasword (on linux).

I didnt find that feature anywhere yet.

3 Likes

+1
Its definitely needed.

2 Likes

+1 for the master password on linux.
Mostly needed to protect passwords stored in the browser.

2 Likes

Hello SLK001,
I am aware that we all have our personal preferences in how we login too our online accounts. If I may, i’d like to give you a friendly suggestion. Have you heard of a ‘Password Manager?’ I have been using one, called ‘1Password’ for around 3 years now and still, everyday when I use this wonderful application it blows my mind. As you literally no-longer need to sweat over creating new passwords. If you happen too also use 2 Factor Authentication, you can also use 1password as the authenticator application all in one. Not only that, if you have heard of the website called ‘Haveibeenpwned’ (a site that allows you to see if your login email address/passwords have been compromised. Well 1password uses this site, automatically checking for any compromises within the sites you login too. Your 1password account tells you if a site has been compromised. Give it ago…i’m sure your’ll never look back :slight_smile:

www.1password.com (you would not regret using this one!! :slight_smile:

Other ones are
-Dashlane

-Nordpass (created by the team at ‘Nordvpn’)

There are others…

Good luck

1 Like

Still nothing? I see all the helpful suggestions to use a third party password management app and/or to rely on Windows 10 functionality. I don’t see any response or info of any kind to suggest that Brave has even thought about this.
If the official answer is “The Brave team has made a deliberate decision to allow the browser to save passwords, but NOT to secure those passwords” then I think many users would appreciate knowing that (and wouldn’t hurt to provide some explanation as well?).
As a new user coming in, I had naively assumed all my saved passwords would be protected. After all, this is Brave we’re talking about, right? Why would someone go to the work of building password-storage functionality into the browser, but not provide any way to secure that stored information?
Please, Brave, if someone “in the know” stumbles across this thread, please enlighten us as to whether this feature is “under contemplation”, “under development” or “only in your dreams.” Thank you!

4 Likes

I think too that a master password would be very nice, because currently I must use bitwarden but thats only my second choice, I would prefer if I can use a masterpassword for all my password direct in brave, because then its localy and safe, bitwarden is I think also safe, but unfortunately not locale…

4 Likes

I strongly support this feature proposal, is a MUST! I tried Brave and I like the browser, but I wont move from Mozilla Firefox until the master password secures my saved ones here too.

4 Likes

+1
Master password is crucial!
I want to switch from firefox to brave but without master password this is not possible.
Please add this feature.

5 Likes

I reverted back to Firefox only for THIS REASON! If my computer get’s stolen, they will be able to access all my usernames/password. This is so bad! It is unbelievable that they have never made work of such an important security flaw. Just imagine all the things a thief can do when they can access this information. I can create a nightmare of your life!

4 Likes

While I am concerned that Brave has not made a move in 3yrs regarding a master password from all the requests, the browser is still akin to Tor in its security, but more convenient and faster. So I switched to a 3rd party PW manager, and kept brave. FF is good, and I have had it since its inception, It is time to pass the crown.

3 Likes

But master passwords does not work on mobile so I deem it useless in the end. If Brave were to implement a MP, it should be both desktop and mobile, maybe akin to sync (i’m speaking from ignorance in informatics).

1 Like

Firefox Masterpassword works on mobile (Android). With apple its annoying because it works sometimes but most of the time you have to insert your username and then your password gets inserted automatically. But this is a problem by apple. They want that you use safari.

4 Likes

Master Password seems to be mandatory for security sensitive browser.

4 Likes

I may have to go back to Firefox just because of this security concern. Anyone who has access to the computer can gain access to all passwords. This is a major security concern.

4 Likes

We needed this feature 2 years ago!! Please make it happen by NOW!!

4 Likes