When I download html files the pictures in the file are often not visible

Hi Folks,

I am using the Brave browser and when I download html files very often the images do not show up. This means charts and pictures which are often an essential part of the article are not visible. It is a serious problem. I will add that I also have the problem with other browsers, although I think it is worse with the Brave Browser. HOW CAN I FIX THIS???

Thanks in advance,

Vincent

1 Like

Hello @explodingbee

make sure when you save a page to choose webpage complete

hope that help and have a nice day

1 Like

Hi Justsomeone1, I already do that. That is not the problem. But thanks anyway for your answer.

Vincent

1 Like

Hello @explodingbee

could you share one of those page that does not save the image

and you welcome :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Justsomeone1,

I created a video which shows the problem. Here is a ink to it: https://www.bitchute.com/video/We6lQX7xun5a

Let me know if you have any ideas on how to fix this.

Vincent

Hello @explodingbee

thanks for the video i even tried a page from one of those site

and i get about the same result even in firefox

i know that save as complete should work as you mentioned but the issue in most of the browser that they do not why?!

could resource in the page could be from different part on server and maybe another server

first i will ask one of the team to check that @Mattches if there other option to get better result

but to get the best result you need to use another software which give you more option like to determine which type of data from site to be included also how to handle if part of data/image come from third server

thanks again for the video and have a nice day both of you

Have reviewed https://edition.cnn.com/2020/11/28/health/us-coronavirus-saturday/index.html Some elements such as js charts, polls etc, wont save correctly by Brave or Chrome.

Saving pages has a few issues;

• If it’s heavy on javascript and relies on 3rd-party content to load
  • Has multi-level dependency’s. (so one script depends on another, then depends on another […])
  • If a site auto-generates page items on page load (xml/websocket etc).

If the chart was a simple image, that could be directly linked too. It should be easy to save Brave or any browser. Looking at what Chrome does (which Brave is a Chromium browser), we’re doing something similar.

That said, there is many 3rd-party programs that are more feature rich that’ll save pages, with configurable dependency levels.

Have previously used a few years back, https://www.httrack.com/ which has many features to clone a webpage.

2 Likes

Hi Justsomeone1,

Thank you for your responses. I had never heard of this type of program before, like WinHTTrack Webside Copier. I installed it and tried it. So far it seems to work well. I downloaded two files, including the first file that I downloaded in the video, and all the pictures showed up, as far as I could tell, in both files. Thank you very much. I will be testing and using the program more in the future.

Update: I do see, however, that this program seems to take a really long time to download files. I have five files downloading now and I think some of them have probably been downloading for at least 30 minutes. That is not so good. But I am still glad to have this program.

Second update: Ok. I think I see why the WinHTTrack Webside Copier program was taking so long to download the files. I was downloading several at a time. When I download only one at a time it goes more quickly.

Best regards,

Vincent

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.