Saved articles in Brave is broken

@Mattches

Hi there,

Ok, this does work in Chrome just so you know.

I go to open a saved article (when you go to settings, more tools, save page as) & it opens a million tabs & none go to the article. Everywhere there’s a space in the path it opens a new tab.

Thanks

1 Like

@OurFreeSociety,
Can you explain the difference between Chrome and Brave? On my end, they both show the same behavior – if you elect to save the webpage as Webpage, Complete vs Webpage, HTML Only, you will get different results.

The files you describe are downloaded files/assets/etc from the webpage you just saved and this will be the case when you select Webpage, Complete. HTML Only option keeps only content vital to access it later (such as text and formatting), while the Complete saves everything (text, images, and additional resource files). That said, when I perform this action in Chrome or Brave, the files downloaded all appear in a folder along with an accompanying .html file, as shown in the video below:

@Mattches - sorry for the delay.

So it’s not the saving that’s the issue, it’s when I go to open it that it opens up in a million tabs b/c it’s opening a tab for every space in the file name.

HTH

Thanks

@OurFreeSociety,
I’m afraid I’m not seeing this behavior on my end, regardless of which option I chose. Can I ask why exactly you’re wanting to save these webpages? Is it specifically for offline viewing?

@Mattches I PMed you b/c I took a vid of my computer.

Thanks

1 Like

@Mattches - any news?

@OurFreeSociety,
Apologies for the late response – I’ve been on PTO.
Thank you for sending the video and if I’m being honest, I had to reach out to some other team members to ask what the exact expected behaviors should be for everything. That said, I’m curious what happens when you select Create shortcut... From the More tools menu, rather than saving the page?

@Mattches

So “create shorcut” has nothing to do with saving pages.

You mean a bookmark like thing, right?

Again, that has nothing to do with a saved page. Unless I’m missing something. :slight_smile:

@OurFreeSociety,
What format are you saving the sites/articles as when you save them?

@Mattches - webpage complete - html

We actually assisted a different user recently with a similar issue – I get the same results when I use Chrome as I do in Brave so I don’t think this issue is unique to us. See what @fanboynz responded to a user with here:

@Mattches

So that has nothing to do with what’s happening with me. The page isn’t loading at all, nothing to do with some images not loading.

And it works fine for me in Chrome, but not in Brave, so I don’t know why you are having issues in Chrome.

We tried it twice in Chrome. Once before I started the ticket, & again weeks ago after your first or second response.

So what steps are you taking that are causing you issues in Chrome?

Again, whatever fanboynz said has nothing to do with us.

@Mattches - Chris just tested it on his computer & it’s working for him (sorry) so I’m going to have to test plugins now - sigh

But that still doesn’t explain why it’s working on Chrome.

I’ll update when I know more.

Thanks

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.