Whatsapp Web not working on brave browser

I have tried all these methods but in vain. Whatsapp suddenly started working just and currently the chances of opening Whatsapp web is 9/10; yes sometimes the problem arises. I hope developers will fix this issue. Also, I only use brave browser.

1 Like

Nightly version works for me…

It definitely doesn’t work. Two browsers use too much resources. I found this, It seems a decent linux client:

UPDATE: It’s been 16 days and the problem is still here. In the meantime, I have probably received two updates from brave. Please fix this issue.

2 Likes

WhatsApp Web was working fine for me but asked me to update yesterday and it has since stopped working. I’ve cleared all cookies/local storage but each time I try to link device from the app, the browser spins for a bit and then tells me I’m not connected to the Internet, which I am. Brave doesn’t indicate that it’s blocking any resources and there are no other blockers enabled.

What worked for me is setting “Trackers & ad-blocking”, “Block fingerprint”, and “Block cookies” all to disabled, then enabling them back once logged in.

1 Like

I found a solution. For me it was only working on Chrome and on a window with tor.

When it was not working on a normal window, my laptop was connected with an ethernet cable and my phone was on the wifi of the same router.

I turned off wifi on my phone and connect my laptap via wireless.

It worked. Connected to whatsapp web with no problems.

1 Like

I can’t belive whatsapp web is working fine on all browser except Brave… come on, I don’t want to go back to Chrome just because of this.

2 Likes

i tried so many times to fix this, im very close to give up and use another browser, brave devs really dont care

1 Like

The problem is still there but it has become less frequent over the last few days. Let’s see what happens.

1 Like

Resetting worked for me! I hope the issue doesn’t repeat since it would be a hassle to be doing this frequently.

1 Like

Reset permissions for web.whatsapp.com worked for me!
Link: brave://settings/content/siteDetails?site=https%3A%2F%2Fweb.whatsapp.com

1 Like

In my case disabling the keepa extension did the trick!

1 Like

I found help on this page;. Thanks for everybody’s posts.

I am on Arch Linux. Disabling all extensions worked for me (I only had Ghostery installed). Enabling the extension after logging into WhatsApp worked fine.

1 Like

disabling all extension and deleting data worked for me

1 Like

Disabling “Ghostery” add-on worked for me.
It’s odd, but the same add-on does not seem to create a problem on Chrome browser with WhatsApp Web.

1 Like

All of those methods simply don’t work. I mean resetting permissions, disabling all extensions, clearing data, etc.

I am experiencing the same issue since yesterday. Keep saying my computer has no Internet Connection after scanning QR if I am opening whatsapp web via Brave.
It is working just fine with other browser.

As unbelievable as it may be, disabling Honey did the job for me.
I tried clearing up history/cookies, clearing the WhatsApp cache on my phone, tried incognito, disabling shields… For a minute, I thought I’d have to use Edge.
Luckily I found the answer here, but seems really weird to me.

It was Keepa for me too!
Does anyone have any trick how to fix this?